Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Switching Projects


         When I got home Friday, I had a dilemma - one that I have faced time and time again with this house: should I finish the project that I just started or should I work on a different project? Let me explain my thought process and why this is a dilemma for me.  As you may or may not have figured out I started stripping paint yesterday. It was supposed to be a simple project to prep for a fresh new smooth coat of paint on the dining room/ kitchen door, but like all projects in our house, it was not so simple. After hours of stripping the paint and a few breaks (hey, I had to eat), it became obvious that it was not going to be finished that night, so off to bed I went thinking I would knock it out the next day when I got home.  Well, on Friday I was thinking about the mess it made to strip paint, and how I needed to also pack for our trip to the beach. Then I started thinking about the dog run that Neill and I created but the dogs seemed to hate.  With our leaving the dogs with our indentured servant for the trip, I thought that we should get some pine straw to put down out there because they hate walking on the sand that was left from the brick walkway that was there before.  So yeah that is my reason to switch projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment