Friday, August 26, 2011

The things I want to do this weekend

     The last three weekends we have been traveling. It has been great seeing all our friends and family and getting in some vacation time before school starts back for me.  The down side of all this is that all the things that normally get done on the weekend get pushed to the weekdays or pushed to the next weekend available. Well here it is, a weekend where we are not going anywhere, we can finally get to all those dreaded tasks that have been pushed off and hopefully to one of the projects that is floating around in my head.





     A little confession, I am not the best house keeper. Neill and I tried really hard to keep a clean house earlier in our marriage, but it has slipped to the way side. But at the end of last month our house looked like a tornado, earthquake, and a cat. 5 hurricane hit inside our house. That also was about the time our indentured servant moved in.  Thankfully she got to work cleaning and killing things in the kitchen which motivated me to at least move the three LARGE boxes (from our new out door patio set) out of the living room.  I think it took us another week or so to move our coffee table back to by the sofas. So we could probably spend all weekend doing normal household chores like scrubbing the bathroom, dusting, vacuuming, and sorting through piles of paper, but I doubt that is what we do.


Dinning room needs some attention
I can't believe I am posting this for all to see
     I think I want to finish stripping and sanding the dinning room/ kitchen door tonight. I think I can also move all the stuff to the middle of the room so we can get our yellow paint (that we bought two weeks ago) on to the wall this weekend. There is also the dog run area that still needs some attention--leveling out dirt and spreading out pine straw.  And then there is the project that I kept saying we would get to this weekend, the front walk way. I love starting new projects. Its the feeling that it will look amazing when it is done, before the feeling of tiredness sets in. I will try to stay focused on the projects I have already started, and resist the urges to start the walk way (or who knows what else).


     What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment